Neligh City Council Proceedings
The Mayor and City Council of the City of Neligh met in regular session at the City Council Chambers on July 16, 2019 at 7:00 P.M. as published. Also in attendance were City Attorney Jim McNally, City Supt. Dean Bly, Generation Supervisor Josh Capler, Economic Development Director Lauren Sheridan-Simonsen, City Clerk Danielle Klabenes, Police Chief Mike Wright, City Engineer John Zwingman, News Reporter Carrie Pitzer and Antelope County Airport Authority Board member Joe McNally. The following agenda items were approved:
● Approved June 11th regular meeting and June 25th special meeting minutes and June treasurer’s report.
● Authorized the city clerk to notify neighbors of the request to vacate alley in Block 99 for consideration of ordinance at the August meeting.
● Approved to donate the former Dial-A-Ride Public Transit 2004 Chevrolet Van to the Antelope County Airport Authority.
● Approved the renewal of the inter-local agreement between the City of Neligh and the Antelope County Library Association for supporting the Neligh Public Library.
● Approved the special designated liquor license for the Neligh Volunteer Fire Department for September 7th from 7:00P.M. to 1:00A.M. at the Neligh Fire Hall.
● Approved the appointment of Brent Pickrel to Park Foundation for an unexpired term to December 2019.
● Approved the project to replace dirt fill to pre-flood conditions and stabilize the riverbank at Fred Penn Park.
● Authorized a new application to be submitted to the US Army Corp of Engineers for the dirt fill to pre-flood conditions and riverbank stabilization at Fred Penn Park.
● Approved the engineers estimate and plans and authorized going out for bids for the dirt fill to pre-flood conditions and riverbank stabilization of Fred Penn Park and set a bid letting date of August 8th at 1:00PM.
● Approved the street improvement project for Cemetery Road at $34,080.00.
● Approved the Park Board recommendation to hire Jayda Zemlicka for lifeguard.
● Approved relisting the John Deere lawn mower with 72-inch deck on Antelope County Exchange with $3,500 minimum bid.
● Economic Director, Police, Electric reports
● Bills as presented.
Discussion was held with no action taken on the following items:
● Heithoff Plumbing License
● American Wind Week Proclamation
● Memorandum of Understanding between New Moon Theater and City of Neligh
● Nursing Home Contract
Meeting adjourned at 8:25 P.M
/s Joe Hartz, Mayor
Danielle Klabenes, City Clerk
A complete copy of the minutes is available for inspection at the office of the City Clerk during normal working hours.
Published July 24, 2019